During our Covid-19 closure, Park City Film has created a Virtual Cinema so that our film loving community can continue to watch our curated selection of Independent Films from the safety of their homes. We remain committed to creating community through film, even though for now, those films will be on a smaller screen.
We aim to provide a trouble-free viewing experience with our Virtual Cinema and have collected some helpful tips below that we hope will help. If you have more general Virtual Cinema questions, please check out our Virtual Cinema FAQ page.
How can I watch the films on my regular TV?
Using a Chromecast
- Make sure your Chromecast is connected into the HDMI port on your TV and is using the same WiFi as your phone or computer
- Click on the cast icon to cast what is on your device to your TV
Using an Amazon Fire Stick
- Make sure your Fire Stick is plugged into the HDMI port on your TV and is using the same WiFi as your computer.
- Press the Home button and select the option for “Mirroring”
- On Windows 10 or higher computers, you will see a “Connect” feature come up in the Network & Internet Settings.
- Here’s a great step-by-step on how to cast from PC to Firestick on Windows 10 from Mashable.
Using a Roku
- Make sure your Roku is connected to your TV and using the same WiFi as your phone or computer.
- On your phone or computer, “mirror” to the Roku.
- Here is a guide on what phones and computers can cast to a Roku.
FAQs by Virtual Cinema Film Website
You can watch on your computer, phone, or tablet, or cast to your Google Chromecast or Smart TV.
- The first time you “purchase a film” you will be asked to register. This will require your name, email, and a password.
- Once you have created a password, you may need to re-enter it to purchase. You do not need to “register” again with each purchase.
- Refresh your browser if you’re having difficulty during the process of login to the site. You may also try another browser if you are having trouble.
- Once your film shows on the site, you can watch it any time within the 48hr window from purchase.
- Your personal home internet speed will determine the quality of watching the film. If the film pauses to “catch-up,” you may try watching the film during non-peak hours of internet use in your neighborhood.
Further technical issues/Refund requests
For any other technical issues you may have or if you would like a refund, send an e-mail to Director@parkcityfilm.org