About the Film
During this extraordinary and difficult time, the Met hopes to brighten the lives of opera lovers even while their stage is dark. Each day, a different encore presentation from the company’s Live in HD series is being made available for free streaming on the Met website, with each performance available for a period of 23 hours, from 7:30 p.m. EDT until 6:30 p.m. the following day.
This week’s lineup of The Metropolitan Opera’s Nightly Opera Streams offers a cross-section of the core repertory, with two Mozart classics, operas by Verdi, Wagner, and Puccini, and two French masterpieces. If you want to watch the operas outside the free nightly window, tickets for each Opera are $4.99 and generate much needed revenue for The Metropolitan Opera during their closure.
The schedule for May 18–24 is as follows:
- Monday, May 18—Mozart’s Idomeneo
- Tuesday, May 19—Wagner’s Lohengrin
- Wednesday, May 20—Verdi’s Un Ballo in Maschera
- Thursday, May 21—Puccini’s Turandot
- Friday, May 22—Mozart’s Don Giovanni
- Saturday, May 23—Gounod’s Faust
- Sunday, May 24—Massenet’s Manon