Park City Film Projectionist Job Opening
Park City Film’s Projectionists are part of a team responsible for the weekly presentation of movies at Park City Film, with a passion for excellence. As a member of our operations staff, the Projectionist is dedicated to timely, quality, and excellent presentation of our film selections, ensuring that patrons enjoy films at the highest standard.
A successful candidate will require a diverse set of technical skills and a dedication to the highest possible standards in film presentation. Work hours are primarily on weekends nights and often include holidays. Park City Film is committed to cultivating a healthy, inclusive, respectful work environment and we hold all of our staff to a high standard of co-worker conduct.
The projectionist is responsible for providing Park City Film patrons with a flawless cinematic experience. Engagement with the audience pre and post-film is required from time to time. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Technical: Operate digital cinema projectors (primary formats DCP, Blu-ray, and Mac-based digital files), sound and lighting equipment, virtual Q&A sessions, and related equipment.
· Quality control: Oversee picture and sound quality throughout each show.
· Secondary tasks: Assists with sanitizing the theater after the evening show, concessions and box office support and other operational support as needed.
Park City Film is looking for a person who believes in and is engaged in our mission, and is eager to contribute to our community organization. This person should exhibit exceptional judgment, be well-organized, detail oriented, dedicated, efficient and communicative. She or he should have an understanding of and appreciation for the Park City Film mission.
Applicants should have:
· Projection experience – ideal but not required.
· Computer and software skills: A wide range of skills on both PC and Mac operating systems.
· The ability and initiative to work efficiently without direct supervision and be highly organized and detail oriented.
· Troubleshooting ability: Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong, and to initiate troubleshooting steps to work towards a resolution. Ability to work under pressure, resolve emergency situations and remain calm in stressful situations.
· Availability to work a flexible schedule – evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Experience communicating in a professional environment with members of a team and the general public.
· Experience working with email and office applications in a work environment
· Familiarity with 35mm film projection is desirable.
· The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds, including while climbing the stairs.
· Vision requirements are critical to the position and include close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The projectionist must have the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer). Acute ability to ensure that an image is in focus is crucial.
· The projectionist must be able to discriminate visual colors (the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness).
· Hearing requirements are critical to the position. The projectionist must have the ability to detect or tell the difference between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness. The projectionist must be able to identify the location of any sound or speaker issue in the case of error or problem.
Reports to the Park City Film Technical Director. Salary: $65-$95/shift (~$16.25/hr).
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject Park City Film –Projectionist. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
About Park City Film
Park City Film is Summit County’s only nonprofit Art House Cinema. Established in 1995, Park City Film is a vital, contributing member of the local arts community- enhancing the cultural life of our community for both locals and visitors seeking diverse cultural opportunities. We accomplish this through the presentation of a curated selection of independent, international and documentary films in the Jim Santy Auditorium, pop-up locations such as the Twilight Drive-in at the Utah Olympic Park and via our Virtual Cinema. Additionally, we program post-screening Q&A’s and panel discussions to deepen our patrons understanding and engagement with the issues raised by the films we show; partner with local non-profits to offer free community screenings that help raise the profile of our partner organizations’ missions through film; provide special programming for children to enhance literacy skills and promote cross-cultural understanding; and, provide opportunities for Utah filmmakers to hone their craft as well as showcase their work on the big screen. Our vision is to create an engaging and affordable arts experience for people of all ages and backgrounds – using film as a medium to entertain, inspire and educate our patrons and help Summit County remain a well informed and engaged mountain community. Our mission is to create community through film.
Park City Film is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience, and personal background. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, physical ability, age, veteran status, marital status, and/or religious beliefs.
For more details, please visit: www.parkcityfilm.org.