About the Film
For the 15th consecutive year, Shorts HD and Magnolia Pictures present the Oscar-Nominated Short Films. With all three categories offered – Animated, Live Action and Documentary – this is your annual chance to predict the winners (and have the edge in your Oscar pool)! A perennial hit with audiences around the country and the world, don’t miss this year’s selection of shorts.
Each night will feature a different selection of films, so come out all three nights to catch them all. And on Saturday night, you can come early for our 6th Annual Oscar Party starting at 6pm. Tickets for the party include admission to the doc shorts that evening (update: the Oscar Party is sold out, tickets to the films all nights are still available at the box office).
Friday: Animated Shorts (80 min, Rated PG-13)
– Daughter (Dcera) (Daria Kashcheeva), Czech/15 min/2019
– Hair Love (Matthew A. Cherry and Karen Rupert Toliver), USA/7 mins/2019
– Kitbull (Rosana Sullivan and Kathryn Hendrickson), USA/9 mins/2019
– Memorable (Bruno Collet and Jean-François Le Corre), France/ 12 mins/2019
– Sister (Siqi Song), USA/8 mins/2018
PLUS A SELECTION OF ADDITIONAL ANIMATED SHORTS:
Henrietta Bulkowski – USA, 16 min. (featuring the voices of Chris Cooper and Ann Dowd)
The Bird and the Whale – Ireland, 6 min.
Hors Piste – France, 5 min.
Maestro – France, 2 min.
Saturday: Documentary Shorts (125min, Rated R)
– Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (if you’re a girl)(Carol Dysinger and Elena Andreicheva), UK/40 mins/2018
– Life Overtakes Me (John Haptas and Kristine Samuelson), USA/37 mins/2019
– St. Louis Superman (Smriti Mundhra and Sami Khan), USA/28 mins/2019
– In the Absence (Yi Seung-Jun and Gary Byung-Seok Kam), USA/28 mins
Sunday: Live Action Shorts (101 min, Rated R)
– A Sister (Delphine Girard), Belgium/16 mins/2018
– Brotherhood (Meryam Joobeur and Maria Gracia Turgeon), Tunisia/Canada/25 mins/2018
– Nefta Football Club (Yves Piat and Damien Megherbi), France/17 mins/2018
– Saria (Bryan Buckley and Matt Lefebvre), USA/ 23 mins/2019
– The Neighbor’s Window (Marshall Curry), USA/20 mins/2019