About the Film
For the 18th consecutive year, Shorts HD and Magnolia Pictures present the Oscar-Nominated Short Films. With all three categories offered – Animated, Live Action and Documentary – this is your annual chance to predict the winners (and have the edge in your Oscar pool)! A perennial hit with audiences around the country and the world, don’t miss this year’s selection of shorts.
A different collection of films will be shown each night – film titles below. Complete film descriptions and trailers here.
Friday: Animated Shorts (95 min) Rating equivalent of PG13/R on selected films as noted.
– An Ostrich Told me the World is Fake and I Think I Believe it (Lachlan Pendragon), Australia/11 mins/2022
– The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse (Peter Baynton, Charlie Mackesy), UK/35 min/2022
– The Flying Sailor (Amanda Forbis, Wendy Tilby), Canada/7 mins/2022 (PG-13 rating equivalent)
– Ice Merchants (João Gonzalez), Portugal, France, UK/14 mins/2022
– My Year of Dicks (Sara Gunnarsdóttir), USA/25 mins/2022 (R rating equivalent for adult themes)
Saturday: Documentary Shorts (134min) Rating equivalent of PG-13/R for adult themes.
– Haulout (Evgenia Arbugaeva, Maxim Arbugaev), UK/25 mins/2022
– The Elephant Whisperers (Kartiki Gonsalves), India/41 mins/2022
– How do you Measure a Year (Jay Rosenblatt), USA/29 mins/2022
– The Martha Mitchell Effect (Anne Alvergue, Debra McClutchy), USA/39 mins/2022
Sunday: Live Action Shorts (108 min) Rating equivalent of PG-13 for adult themes.
– An Irish Goodbye (Tom Berkeley, Ross White), Ireland/23 mins/2022
– Ivalu (Anders Walter), Denmark/16 mins/2022
– Le Pupille (Alice Rohrwacher), Italy, USA/37 mins/2022
– Night Ride (Eirik Tveiten), Norway/15 mins/2020
– The Red Suitcase (Cyrus Neshvad), Luxembourg/17 mins/2022